We all know that our lives changed forever on September 11, 2001. Sadly, sweet Louis and all the other
children born after that day will never know what it was like to live in an untouchable America. I think that it is our duty as Americans and as parents to teach our children what it means to be an American. We cannot let our babies grow up without the pride for our country that we all have and that so many have fought and continue to fight to preserve.
At church today I heard a verse that I have heard many times in my life. However, it really struck me to hear it on this important day: For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
Five things that make me wonder "Am I a Bad Mom?":
1. I find Louis trying to sit up terribly funny. Instead of helping him learn, I just watch.
2. When he wakes up in the middle of the night and hasn't started to cry just yet, I lay (lie?) in bed and pray that he will fall back asleep.
3. Sometimes I leave the house without a diaper bag.
4. Today I dressed him as if it were already February. Oops.
5. He is just as addicted to pinterest and FB as I am.