Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Lunches

Today I got to do something I love- have lunch with my friends! I try to do this a lot during the summer because I don't get many chances during the school year. In June and July we attended the Vicksburg Chamber of Commerce monthly luncheon. In June, the author of "Easy Entertaining" gave us some really cute and creative ideas on decorating for parties. Today, the new Miss Mississippi spoke and played the piano. I can honestly say that Mary Margaret Roark is an amazing girl. She is a great speaker, beautiful, and is a very entertaining and talented pianist. Mary Margaret spoke about her platform on Alzheimer's disease. It was an interesting and heartbreaking talk. I really learned a lot from her in the short five mintue speech. She has been to Washington to work with congress to pass bills regarding Alzheimer patients. Also, she has created a jewelry line to benefit her platform. After listening to her today, I think she has a great shot at being our next Miss America! We'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment